Fish pickle soup with Pollock and pearl barley
250 kcal per serving
For 5 servings
- Headed Pollock – 2 pcs.
- Pickled cucumbers – 2 pcs.
- Carrots – 1 pc.
- Bulb onion – 1 pc.
- Potatoes – 2 pcs.
- Pearl barley – 0.5 cups (approx. 200 ml)
- Cucumber pickle – 100 ml
- Dill – 1 tsp.
- Sunflower oil – 2 tbsp.
- Salt, pepper, bay leaf – to taste
- Boil the pre-soaked pearl barley. Cooking time is 30-40 minutes.
- In 15 minutes after cooking cereals, put a second pot of water (2 liters) on the fire.
- Pre-defrosted Pollock, clean from all excess and cut into large pieces. Put the fish in boiling water in a saucepan, and cook for 15 minutes.
- Put the fish in a bowl, remove the bones, strain the broth and put it back on the fire.
- Dice potatoes and add to the broth.
- Chop onions and carrots. Put the onion in a saucepan with butter, fry until golden brown and add the carrots.
- Grate cucumbers on a medium grater. Add to onions with carrots. Stir and fry everything together for 3-5 minutes.
- Put the contents of the saucepan in the broth with potatoes. Cook for 5 minutes over low heat, covered.
- Add brine, pearl barley and Pollock pieces to a saucepan. Add dill, peppercorns, bay leaf, salt and cook for about 3-5 minutes.
- Serve with sour cream.